Meninas, recebi esse texto essa semana e ADOREI! Gostaria de compartilhar com vocês, já que tem tudo a ver com o programa de au pair/morar no exterior.
Para as meninas que já estão nos USA é muito legal porque elas vão se identificar muito com ele, e pras que ainda estão pra chegar já dá um gostinho de como será a sensação de ser uma brasileira morando na terra do tio Sam.
Espero que vocês gostem!
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A BRAZILIAN GIRL LIVING ABROAD WHEN:
- Your laugh is usually the loudest anywhere. And your group of friends are usually pretty loud too;
- You miss having manicure + pedicure every Friday for an affordable price;
- You're used to the different attention you get when you say you're Brazilian;
- You only found out what a "Brazilian Wax" was when you had already left Brazil;
- You hear you're exotic quite often;
- You get emails and scraps asking for help from your Brazilian friends on how to move abroad;
- You feel like crying every time you have to buy underwear and bikinis (they are too big!);
- Some people still say "Hola!" instead of Olá;
- You miss your friends and family in Brazil terribly;
- (If you're 19) You have been going out for about 3 years, but still can't go to a club in USA;
- You find it amusing how "free" you feel at bars/clubs without someone always grabbing or trying to kiss you;
- You HATE winter and can't wait for summer to get sun tan;
- If you live in USA, you take advantage that everything is more affordable than in Brazil (electronics, clothes, shoes, cosmetics).
- You give up wearing high heels, but still need some cute flats;
- You like to explain Brazilian culture to people that are interested;
- You are impressed with the decoration and a snowy Christmas, but want to be at a sunny beach for New Years Eve;
- Even after years, you still translate Portuguese expressions into English and you have to explain what they mean;
- You have orkut, facebook, msn, skype and a blog to keep in touch with friends;
- You don't trust ANY hairdressers outside of Brazil;
- You think the Portuguese version of "Happy Birthday" with claps is more fun;
- You're still getting used to the way of dating over here;
- You can love where you live, but still miss home terribly...
- People get impressed that when you dance, you can move your ENTIRE body instead of only the arms;
- Guys think because you're nice, outgoing and have a great smile, you're flirting with them;
- People think you go topless to the beach but you've never seen that until you got here.
10 REASONS WHY BRAZILIANS COULDN'T BE TERRORISTS:
- 7:45 am is way too early to rise.
- We are always late and would have missed all 4 flights.
- The good looking people in the plane would distract us.
- We are loud and attract too much attention.
- With food and booze in the plane, we would loose track of the mission.
- Since we talk with our hands, we would have to put our weapons down on the ground.
- We'd start to argue over who gets to be the pilot.
- We can't keep secrets, so every one would know the plan a week in advance.
- We'd put our national flag on the plane.
- When passengers would start crying, we'd get sentimental with them and lend a helping shoulder.